I read it on the Internet, so it must be true! I have spent the last three years seeking out information to help me get healthy.
I research information on my prescribed medications, nutrition, dietary supplementation, exercise and fitness, etc. Some things work. Some things fail. One thing is obvious, you can’t believe everything you read. You have to check the sources. You have to follow the money. We’ve all see it before. So what is true?
- Eat more! Eat Less!
- Coffee is good for you! Coffee is bad for you
- Eggs are bad for you! Eggs are good for you!
- Ignore the scale! Lose weight!
- Get rid of that excess gut! Bulk up!
- Do more WODs! Take more rest days!
- Reduce Carbs! Eat more carbs!
- Eat more fat! Reduce fat!
- Zone! Paleo! All things in moderation!
- Carb Burner! Fat Burner!
- Drink more water! Don’t over-hydrate!
- Eat more Real food! I recommend these supplements!
- Get more sleep! See you at 0530 hours!
- Do less cardio! Do more cardio!
All this contradictory information is causing me stress. It’s raising my cortisol levels. Time to turn off the Mac, the iPhone and the tablet. I’m going to brew another cup of coffee, blend in some butter, and go sit on the dock and watch the sunrise.